Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Low Impact Day 2

Right now my kids and hubby are at McDonald's having lunch. I have stayed home because I need lunch and am forgoing fast food, one of the worst examples of waste-creating industries. Every item is individually wrapped in its own wrapper and then placed into bags with all disposable utensils, cups, etc.

I know it may seem like cheating that my kids are there, but hubby hasn't joined the low-impact band wagon, and I am certainly not going to force it on anyone. I plan on trying to work with my daughter a little on this, however. She's five and probably able to grasp the basic concept and forgo a few things. I'll have to think of ways to get her involved.

Today I plan on making some clothe napkins, as it has occurred to me that we use paper towels way too often in our home.

Peace and happiness to all.

No comments: