Monday, July 7, 2008

Inspiration

I am currently reading Thich Nhat Hanh's book Being Peace. If you haven't read this, I suggest that you do. There are some places that are overtly Buddhist, but much of the book applies to anyone of any faith or background.

This is from my morning reading: Every day we do things, we are things, that have to do with peace. If we are aware of our lifestyle, our way of consuming, of looking at things, we will know how to make peace right in the moment we are alive, the present moment.

I found this very inspiring in many ways, but it especially spoke to me in terms of my current consumption awareness.

***
I am thinking about changing the name of this blog. Latte Mama sounds a little . . . awkward. And since most of my posts are about Buddhism, it seems appropriate to have that in the title. Another option, I suppose, is to keep this for family and start a new blog. Any thoughts?

No comments: