Thursday, July 10, 2008

Cabin Fever (Whine Warning)


So I've avoided blogging (aka whining) about the smoke in my area. People have lost homes; one firefighter has lost his life. It would be inappropriate to complain about the smoke when others are truly losing due to the fire.


But the smoke is becoming oppressive here, and I'm going to whine.

Last night ashes were sprinkling down on us. If this is what we're dealing with, I'd hate to see what it must be like on the other side of the Sierras.


I am getting some serious cabin fever. DD has asthma, so for weeks I have taken her outside very little. Little did I know that the smoke was only going to get worse. Fortunately, we made it to the beach yesterday for a couple hours before it got too bad. Today, however, started with a bright orange sun and a sky so smokey that I thought it was ready to rain.


It's summer, and I love the outdoors and even the heat to a certain extent. I want to take my kids to parks, out for walks, and to the beach. Instead we find ourselves entertaining one another inside. I get cabin fever. They get cabin fever. They are OD'd on mom, and I'm running low on creative things to do to entertain them.


I get a day off tomorrow. I'm scrapbooking with a friend at the scrapbooking store and then working the Obama booth at some outdoor thingy. Saturday, I'll be much happier to entertain my offspring again.


DH has been gone for rehearsals for The Compleat Work of Shakespeare, Abridged. I am thrilled about this show. My DH is a very funny man, and the Complete Works series can be pretty darn funny, too.


No comments: