Saturday, July 5, 2008

Day 5 of Low Impact

Today is day 5 of my low impact consumption. I'm not feeling well after eating junk food last night - coffee, hot dog, mojito, more coffee, and two pieces of key lime pie. I want some comfort food, specifically a Truckee Steal sandwich from Deli Francesco. But, alas, it's off limits. I haven't really felt tested until today.

It's easy to make excuses for our shopping habits, especially when it comes to food. We all need to eat. I will need eat lunch, and I can even convince myself that I need that Truckee Steal. That's why I like to give myself these challenges. It opens my eyes to what I need and don't need. What I can live without. Even more rewarding is when I find out that I actually enjoy life better when I live without.

I went to the movies the other night. Didn't get popcorn. Instead I brought my own cookies. I felt much better when the night was over than I would have had I eaten buttery popcorn.

Oh yeah, and I'm losing weight!

The picture is included because it's a reminder to me as to why I do this. It's because of my children, my neighbor's children, my friends' children, the world's children. I want to make the world a better place for them, one with less pollution and waste and one where people don't look for happiness on a Walmart shelf.

No comments: