Sunday, July 20, 2008

Low Impact Update

    Here's an update on my low-impact shopping month. It hasn't been as successful as I would have liked, but I think I have established some healthier habits. Things I did:
  1. Made 12 cloth napkins, which my daughter loves to use.
  2. Cut back on the amount of bottled drinks I drink
  3. Mostly cut out fast food, with a few exceptions
  4. Purchased very little. I have purchased a couple gift cards, some scrapbooking adhesives, and a tiny ink pad. This week I will need to purchase a couple gifts.
  5. Talked to my daughter about why we don't need or want to buy everything we think we need or want. I got lucky because Wall-e helped with this a lot.

I have not:

  • Invited others to join me as planned.
  • Ridden my bike at all. It's still needs to be summerized. No, that's not a typo. Not summarized, but summer- (as in the season) - ized.
  • Walked many places.
  • Made any more cloth shopping bags, although I was given a free Trader Joe's shopping bag at the conference I went to.
  • Completely stuck to my plan of having meat for only one meal a day. Sometimes I will have a sandwich with meat for lunch, plus meat for dinner.

No comments: