Sunday, June 22, 2008

What's Happening?

Our sangha gave ourselves the homework assignment of asking a "radical question." This stemmed from Day 2 of the retreat we had where I had only attended the first one, so it's not all entirely clear to me. Anyway, our homework assignment was to ask ourselves What's happening? at least three times a day. The idea is to help us be more present and to begin an inquiring process that can lead to discovery (I think). If it isn't making sense to you, it's probably because it's still unclear in my own head what I'm talking about, but I'm hoping to learn more.

On a different note, today my friend and I took our daughters to Bell's Tea Cottage in Reno, NV. The kids loved the tea, the provided hats and scarves, and the food. We liked our food, the tea, and the quiet atmosphere. We weren't so excited about the price ($14 for my meal, $8 for DD's). The kids got a PB&J with a small scone and a small plate of candy. Too many sweets even for my lil' sweet tooth. The final decision was that we could have just as much fun with a tea party at home for a much more economical price, although it may be a nice treat for the ladies to go one Sunday for an afternoon of shopping.

Later we met friends at the pool for some tot swim time. I LOVE summer!

No comments: