Monday, January 17, 2011

Totally Stoked!

The kids and I are gearing up for Valentine's Day by making decorations. I love this holiday because it is all about the people whom you love. Plus, red is my favorite color, so it gives me an excuse to dress myself and my kids in red.

Saturday, I met with LeAnn Morris, the 2008 Nevada State Teacher of the Year. She filled me in on everything I can expect to happen this year. Her summary of her year and her advice energized me. Here are just a couple of things I am excited about:
  • My first trip is coming up in about a week
  • I get a new SMARTboard, and the school gets a site license for a program
  • I get my own hotel room!
  • The past three years one online univeristy has offered all STOYs a free-ride scholarship. If it does continue and if they will transfer my credits, it will save me about $15,000.
  • I will visit the White House and likely meet President Obama.
I have avoided this topic on my blog because I don't want to gloat, but at the same time, I really want to enjoy this year to its fullest, and I am really excited about what's to come.

I am contemplating starting a new blog on educational topics, though I'm not sure if I really need three blogs going. We'll see.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I'm so happy you're letting yourself enjoy the honor and the experience of TOY. It gives us an opportunity to enjoy mudita. Keep telling us all about it!