Sunday, December 27, 2009

Social Web Moment . . . ?

Gwen Bell asks what the best social web moment of 2009 was.

As a teacher, I don't have any time at work to spend time on the Internet, and even if I did, I wouldn't be able to because of our filters. (Fortunately, we're supposed to be getting filters that will allow our high school to have its own settings: high school students don't need the same filters as first graders do. My students can often not get to information about the war in Iraq because it gets filtered out as graphic. Nevertheless, I won't be able to engage in social networking sites from work, which is a good thing because that's just the kind of thing that can eat up my entire day.)

At home, I get some time on the Internet, but with two kids, I don't have a lot. I already spend too much time doing the few things I do, so I try to avoid getting wrapped up in a lot of social interacting online. I do use Facebook and was part of a Flikr 365 group until I bailed in April. But it wasn't like I made great friends from that group. I joined a couple scrapbooking groups, but didn't spend enough time online to develop relationships, and on one, I couldn't stand the immediate flame-warring I saw.
So since I do not have a best for this category, I thought I would post some of my favorite pictures from this holiday season.

No comments: