Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Best of 2009: Web Tool (huh?) and New Food

Gwen Bell asks what my favorite Web tool from 2009 is: "It came into your work flow this year and now you couldn't live without it. It has simplified or improved your online experience."

Ok.  This one shows my ignorance because I'm not even sure what she means by this.  (I'm laughing right now.) I'll excuse this ignorance by saying that because of the nature of teaching, I don't spend most of my time on the Internet.

But I did get a new computer, and although this doesn't really count as a web tool, I'm going to say that the new OS is pretty fun and will count as my new "web tool." I like how it handles open windows, and I like the gadgets I can put on my desktop.

I'm definitely going to have to check Gwen Bell's web page and see what other people write for this one.

For the catch-up entry, I will answer her question about favorite new food. Although Vietnamese food isn't new to me, Pho Country is new to Carson, and we love it.  I love the freshness and lightness of Vietnamese food complete with fresh basil and cilantro and tastey broths. And oh! The spring rolls. Plus, this restaurant is surprising affordable - $6 for a basic pho dish. Compared to the other pho restaurant, this one has lots of choices - three pages of options. I get something different every time, which is another reason I'm throwing Pho Country into the favorite new food category, even though it's a restaurant, not a food. Sunday, I got the stir-fried tofu. It's fried in a chili pepper sauce that is yummy - I only wish it were little spicier.

No comments: