Monday, December 28, 2009

Best Stationery of 2009

I think for this prompt from Gwen Bell, I am choosing something I made. I love to make my own cards and send them to people. I think my favorite was this owl card, which I made from found objects - a leaf, a twig and some cardboard.
I also enjoyed making this card for my cousin's wedding.

Sending notes in cards I made makes it feel more personal. The owl card, for example, was for my friend Kathy's birthday. She is very environmentally aware, so I thought it was appropriate. The wedding card was for a person who is very feminine, and the colors were similar to the colors of her wedding invitation.

P.S. Thank you to Gwen Bell for spelling stationery correctly. Stationery/Stationary are vocab words on my students' usage list. Many don't even know what stationery is. They've never heard of nice paper you write letters on. They're certainly the digital generation.



No comments: