Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Best Album and Location

Gwen Bell - Big Love in a Small World - Blog - The Best of 2009 Blog Challenge: "December 10 Album of the year. What's rocking your world?"


Well, I'm procrastinating a meditation here, so I think I'll spend some time catching up on the blog challenge. I like mellow, middle-aged lady music. *Sigh* Complete digression here, but one of my students who graduated last year called me and my friends "middle aged." Love ya, girl, but that as fun as running out of hot water when you still have to rinse the conditioner from your hair. But, my best album most certainly verifies her label: I love Priscilla Ahn's album A Good Day. Digression #2: The truth is that iTunes has kind of put a damper on my album loving because it's so easy to buy just a song or two. But with this album, iTunes helped out by recommending it, and I took a crazy (crazy-for-middle-aged-lady crazy) leap and purchased the whole damn album and loved it. The album is one of those I can listen to while I am online, sewing, walking, doing dishes, whatever. It rocks. It rocks softly, but it rocks.
To continue with catch-up, Gwen Bell asks what the best place of 2009 was. This isn't particular to this year. My bedroom has always been my favorite location, regardless of age or living situations. I love that I don't have to buy an overpriced ticket to the Bahamas to get away. My cozy bed and a closed door handles all that for me. As a kid, I would escape from the world by crossing into my bedroom, which held any universe, any world I felt apt for the moment. My bedroom could be a castle, Xanadu, a dance floor, or a pool complete with friendly dolphins. As I got older, my room usually transformed into a place of music - a concert hall, a recording studio. I had these killer headphones that I would turn on way too loud, which is probably why this middle-aged lady doesn't hear too well out of one ear. (All the better to ignore you with, my dear.)

If I HAD to pick a favorite place particular to this year, it would be Mill's Park because I spent countless hours there with my kids, often riding the little train, which is my favorite summer activity.

So there! Two past challenges down. Now, what else can I do to avoid the cushion?

No comments: