Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Recycled Art

I have been playing with some recycled materials for a craft project. Not being able to buy anything makes me look around for more available materials. In particular, I am covering a binder and using an old wool jacket for part of the design.

This process got me thinking about recycled art, so I spent some time browsing web pages of recycled art galleries.

Here's one I found that had a wide variety of artists. They have both crafts and what I could consider art. This piece made me giggle.

I thought this glass kitchen ware was pretty cool.

And I had fun shopping Etsy stores trying to find a present for a friend who is very eco-friendly herself and who also happens to write. I finally found this, but if your birthday is in early February and your name is Terri and you are a vegetarian, don't follow that link.

So that's enough of my link-heavy post. Wish I knew if I could use other people's images in my own blog legally and ethically.

Happy day, everyone.

No comments: