Saturday, February 9, 2008

Obama Speech



Obama came and spoke here in my town a few weeks ago. My friends Mandy and Terri and Jason and I were lucky enough to get great seats. Although we were off to the side, we were pleased, as Obama mostly faced our direction. I believe Obama is a good choice for president in that I believe he is one of the few candidates who can create unity rather than divide. He can speak to liberals and conservatives. He is running his entire campaign without the funding of lobbyists.

Hilary has a solid platform, but she may prove too divisive if she can even get elected.

One of my favorite things about Obama is that he appeals so incredibly to the younger generation, and I have seen an interest in politics in my students that I haven't seen in my previous ten years of teaching. Teenagers love him, and I'm pleased that they are finding an interest in national happenings.

None of my pictures came out that well. This is the best shot I could muster. The rest were too blurry or of the back of his head. For those of you who know Mrs. Q-D, she's in the background there, and my student is the blonde head in the front row.

Here is Jason, who actually ended up a couple rows ahead of me. He got a "blue ticket," which got him in earlier than those of us with yellow tickets, but somehow we ended up right behind him. :p

No comments: