Tuesday, October 25, 2011

That Girl

Last week, I posted about how I have changed as I have aged. This got me thinking about how I have not changed. Meanwhile, a post at Me, My Soldier and Our Four Little Chicks, inspired me to write this:

I am still that girl who
  • Feels awkward at parties
  • Plays the car stereo way too loud
  • Eats too fast
  • Loves a good book and a hot drink
  • Will constantly pan the horizon for bears and mountain lions when hiking
  • Loves dogs
  • Is convinced her butt takes up 50% of the space in any given room
  • Shops too much
  • Feels complete, uncontrollable rage about how unfair life can be
  • Talks way too much and too fast and interrupts others
  • Wakes up terrified in the middle of the night
  • Walks like an elephant
  • Cries easily
  • Loves hugs whenever, from whomever
  • Wants to fit in
  • Yet dislikes almost anything mainstream
  • Would rather hotel it than tent it
  • Questions herself far too often
  • Loves to nap, color, and creative playtime
  • Digs all things funny

1 comment:

Kathy said...

probably could add "is still a good friend"