Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Watching Them Grow Part II

My lil' guy will be three next month! It's amazing how quickly time flies.

With his birthday approaching, I have been thinking a lot about how he has changed. He is a peculiar lad who gets very attached to certain things and certain routines. It's usually sweet and cute, although there are times it can make things difficult. Nevertheless, I thought I would share some of his cute quirks:
  • He sleeps with a paci, two silky blankets and as many trains as he can cram into his bed.
  • He loves to kiss me.
  • He likes to take his Thomas train to the park and send it down the big, curly slide. In fact the above picture of him and his train was taken at a park.
  • He is terrified of showers, spiders, nail clippers, and sitting on the toilet.
  • Every morning when I get him out of bed, I dress him and then hang him upside down as I carry him downstairs. Once in the kitchen, I set him down and get him a granola bar. He sits in my chair at the table, but with his Thomas mat in front of him. (This is an example of one of his goofy routines. He isn't super flexible.
  • He likes to sit on my lap while I surf the Thomas web page.
  • He copies much of what his older sister does. If she says she has a stomach ache, he says he has one. If she says she doesn't like her dinner, he says he doesn't like his.
  • He loves to be read to, which is one of my favorite things to do with him.
  • He loves parks and the Children's Musuem.
Anyway, we're looking forward to Halloween, which around here is Friday because Saturday is Nevada Day. We get Friday off. WOOHOO!

Happy Nevada Day and Happy Halloween!

No comments: