Monday, March 31, 2008

Back to School

The end of vacation has arrived, and we had to go back to work today. I love my classes, love my job. Spending time with my children last week, however, was wonderful.

I can't believe how much I slept last week! I took two-hour long naps almost every day. I was burnt out, for sure.

DS has been talking away. Since the doctor's appointment where the doctor indicated concern that DS has "lost" language and that it may be an early sign of autism, we've been really focusing on his language development. In one week, he started saying and understanding an enormous amount. My favorite thing he does right now is when you ask for a kiss, he comes over to you and offers his cheek. He also like to mimick counting in his books and will tap his books with his fingers and go own, du, gra, the, foe. He isn't counting, of course, but it's still cute.

I've also been noticing his eye contact. He makes very good eye contact, which is a good sign that he isn't developing/doesn't have autism.

Off to Dharma Zephyr Meditation group.

No comments: