Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Keeping "heart" in my mind: Fitness

One of the things I did to remind of my focus on heart this year was buy a necklace through an Etsy store called LoveSquaredDesign. I love it. I have only had it for a few days, but I already find it keeps me mindful of my intentions to take care of my heart and to live from my heart.

At the heart of "heart" is living compassionately, authentically, and healthfully. I am breaking down my focus into the following categories:
  • Body - I want to get healthy and feel strong. Specifically, I am aiming for cardiovascular fitness.
  • Family - What better personifies heart than family? I want to get closer to both of my kids and to my parents.
  • Spirituality - My practice is at the heart of all I do. I want to reconnect with loving-kindness and wise speech, which is what drew me to Buddhism to begin with. 
  • Emotional well-being - I hope to become happier by working out and living more authentically to who I am. 
  • Work - I intend to consider the elements of wise speech when I interact with others at work: truthfulness, helpfulness, timeliness, and compassion. While it may take some time and soul-searching, I need to decide on the direction of my career. I feel lost at the moment and toying with the idea of heading back to the classroom at the end of this three-year position.
  • Creatively - I spent last year taking a year-long course exploring different styles and techniques. This year, I want to develop my own style and spend less time on social media admiring others'.
That's the tentative plan. I plan to blog regularly as another method of intention-setting and intention-keeping.

Cheers!

No comments: